Identifiering av trollsländor är svårt. Jag gör mitt bästa men det är inte säkert jag har rätt.
To ID dragonflies is hard. I do my best but I might get it wrong. So, don´t take my word for it.

8/21/15

Blå jungfruslända - Calopteryx virgo - Beautiful Demoiselle

Click to see with Light box
The male


the egg laying female



Blå jungfruslända - Calopteryx virgo - Beautiful Demoiselle
© NF Photo 150813, Djulö Kvarn

This happened on Aug 13 which is rather late for this species. I was able to catch the female as she is laying eggs. If you look carefully you can see the eggs coming out in the end of her body. What amazed me also was the male. He was watching her the entire time I was watching them. If another male came to  the spot that male was chased away. In the last three images you can see both of them.  
This was the last day I saw them. 

Linking up with: Saturdays Critters   Nature Notes

Fotogalleri
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  , , , , , , , ,

11 comments:

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Amazing to see this all happening before your eyes and to catch it on camera. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Fantastic images of the two Dragonflies.
Right place at the right time - perfect!
So glad you shared these photos with us - thank you!
Shane

eileeninmd said...

Wow, amazing captures of the damselflies. The male is beautiful. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Super shots and congratulations because I have a very hard time with dragonflies- they do not want to pose!

Inspired By June said...

Beautiful captures - how neat that you were able to watch them through this process!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

What pretty damselflies! Fine job of photography.
~

A Colorful World said...

An exciting wonderful moment! I love the photos!

GreenComotion said...

Very nice to see all the beauties!
Great finds and snaps!
Have a Beautiful Day!
Peace :)

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I just love dragonflies. They seem so much like they are from a world with dragons and faeries and elfin creatures.

betty-NZ said...

Dragonflies are so fun to see and try to capture. When you do get a good shot, it's a great accomplishment and you did well!

Rambling Woods said...

Oh what a treat to see and then thank you so much for sharing these wonderful insects. I don't have any photos of this so I am happy to see them in Nature Notes Monica... Thank you... Michelle